Monday, April 11, 2011

Sunday Feasts on Ebey

So now that we are living back on the Westside of the mountains Crystal has been able to see her family more often, including her brother and his family. They are big into food too, how it is grown, where it is grown and of course how it tastes. So last Sunday we inaugurated a weekly get together; I guess you'd say it was more like throw-down with cooking, eating, and drinking.

Whenever I think about the whole catering idea, I think about working with them. The food was incredible and I think together we could knock the socks off of most people.

Each of us had a couple of dishes we were meant to prepare. For their part, they tackled a baby artichoke and serrano ham dish, along with garlic shrimp in lemon aioli. I put out some roasted veggies with fresh herbs and beef skewers that had marinated in a guajillo chile sauce I'd made earlier that morning. What made all that much better was the food was cooked on a grill with alder we collected from the property.

Wow, it was crazy eats!

I look forward to more of these events, especially once we start harvesting something. It was very interesting to think nearly 80% of all the food we ate was stuff that I will be growing/producing on our farm this year. And that is what it's about, growing good food and eating good food!

No comments:

Post a Comment