Monday, February 14, 2011

For the love of good food

Even though the garden isn't planted yet I figure there is no reason I still shouldn't be cooking great food. In a way, I'm still honing my culinary skills, picking up new cook books and experimenting with different ingredients and tastes.

Last night was an adventure in preparing a green mole with pork shoulder, chayote squash and fresh green beans. Then mixed with a fennel, parsely and cilantro puree. The theme for the night was definitely green!!! And this stuff was hot! My son and I love the hot food, but the girls, not so much. So this is a warning, only cook this if you enjoy spicy Oaxacan foods.







As you can see I love food, I love taking pictures of food, cooking, growing, and of course, I love to eat! It is this love for cooking and eating good food that has inspired the direction of the garden. In general, my plan is to grow the foods me and my family love to eat. Crystal is French/Italian, and I lived in Italy for a few years so we must have a the Mediteranean garden covered, but I'm a Texas boy. Nothing has inspired my culinary curiosity more than Mexican food. I love it all!

So the goal is to establish a Mexi-Mediterranean Garden up here in the Northwest. I understand that some items will not grow well up here in the Northwest, but we are going to try anyway. It will definitely be an interesting, if not difficult, but rewarding experience to be sure.

I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment