Thursday, February 24, 2011

Seeds, Seeds, Seeds

Well they came in finally, I got most of all the seeds I will need for the growing season. This is going to be a lot of work! But I'm super excited. I also got all my pepper seeds in, so the pepper project is on! I got my seeds from Pepper Joe, and he included lots of extra seeds. We'll see how everything pans out over the next couple of months, but so far, I would recommend him as a superb source for a range of peppers.

Let's see, I got:
Habanero Chile -


Giant Jalapeno Pepper -


Black Jalapeno -


Early Jalapeno -


Charelston Pepper -


Thai Sun Pepper -


Serrano Pepper -


Tabago Seasoning Pepper -


Paprika -


Poblano Pepper (got lots of these as they are my favorite to cook with whether fresh, roasted or dried) -


Scotch Bonnet (Yum!) -


Tabasco Pepper -


Anaheim Chile -


Of course I got a few more Jalapeno and Sweet Bell Pepper seeds, but this is the bulk of the pepper list. Oh boy, I got another month before I can start them and then it is on!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how you do with the peppers. I haven't been able to grow peppers or tomatoes since I moved to Washington. Will be waiting to see your progress and let me know if your bounty is so that you have to sell at the Farmer's Market, because I will travel from North Bend to Everett to get good peppers and tomatoes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the hope is to have enough to sell at the local farmer's market. We also have kicked around the idea of doing a delivery thing, or even a catering service. But you're certainly welcome to make the trek out this way. ;-)

    And we'll definitely keep you posted on our pepper progress!

    ReplyDelete